Thought for the day -

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." Helen Keller

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Good morning.  Today I have a project to share with you and although many of you have probably already tried these this is my first.  I am thrilled with the outcome, although, it took me forever to finish!!  I am horrible with dimensions and the tutorial I found was for a 4" easel and I wanted 5.  After a lot of trial and error I finally got the dimensions right.  Yeah!!

I am entering this is a few challenges, one of them being the brand new challenge from Wild Orchid Crafts!!  I just love this store and I have to tell you their service is top notch!! I received my order in 1 week and coming from across the pond I would say that is pretty fast! Bev Rochester is on their design team and it was her project that inspired me to try it out.  Although, mine does not hold a candle to hers.

My easel card was inspired by this weeks sketch at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge.  Here is the sketch
portion of my project.

Here is the entire thing- drawer and all!



Ok I am done with all the pictures!  I am really thrilled with the outcome.  I made this for my mother who wanted a card for a bridal shower.  I told her she had to give a gift card or something really small to fit in that drawer!

Supplies:  card stock is by Stampin Up, Dp is Basic Grey, all flowers, pin, and lace is from Wild Orchid Crafts.  My sentiment stamp is from Stampin Up and my bride is from DigiStamp Boutique.  My flower on my drawer front is a button found in my stash.

Challenges:
Wild Orchid Crafts: Say it with flower
Stamptacular Sunday: the sketch
All Sorts Challenge:  July Love- show a heart. My card has hearts but they are subtle-pin, paper, lace
Totally Papercrafts :  Swirls and Pearls
Stamping Scrapping Challenge Central:  Wedding (to enter you must have used something offered in their store- I used scor-tape, my crocodile, pearls

Thanks for having a look at ALL those pictures!

14 comments:

Sonia said...

wow! i'm very impresseed! that is so pretty! i'm sure your mom and the bride will love it.

Sue said...

Hi Janice
wow what a totally stunning card, luv the design with the box, gorgeous papers & embelies, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

Mummylade said...

the hearts are a bit tiny but it's a lovely card. Thank you so much for entering the Allsorts challenge this week, good luck.

Stephanie said...

Very stunning! You have done a wonderful job with your creation. Thanks for joining us at SSCC.

April said...

Wow - that is stunning. I am not very good at following directions, but think I need to give this a try! Such inspiration ~ TFS

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Wow! This is just beautiful. The DP, swirls and pearls look amazing and I love the design, with the added box. You did a great job with it.
Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Caroline xx

Craftyanny said...

This is adorable Janice, so very sweet
Thanks for playing along with Totally Papercrafts
Anne x

Annette said...

Janice, what a gorgeous creation! I love it! Thanks for joining us at SSC.

Vicky said...

Stunning creation, I think those papers are perfect for a wedding theme

Gorgeous job!!!
x
Vicky

Sprytebyrd said...

This is just amazing! Great job!
Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamptacular Sunday! ♥ Good luck on our Sketch challenge!
Dee (Spryte)

Paula said...

Truly a stunning project (because it's more than a card)...love all the soft colors and pearls, the lace and the flowers...what a WOW card! I'm so glad you could join our sketch challenge this week at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!
Pleasantly,
Paula

Carolyn said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous project. I love how you got the lace and flowers to flow with the card design to follow our challenge. Fabulous card, and awesome embellishing. Thanks for sharing it with us at SSC.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

mommy2lou said...

How spectacular! Just lovely then that creative little drawer.. It is a true peace of art. Thank you for this creative interpretation of our sketch challenge at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!

cats whiskers said...

What a fab creation love how you have used the flowers thanks for joining us at WOC this time
Hugs Jacqui x