Thought for the day -

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." Helen Keller

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I was able to make it in to my scrapbook room today for more than just playing on the computer, lol. I actually made 3 cards today for 3 challenges and for a gift. I am making a set of 12 note cards for my sister-in-law. Here are 3 of the 12 (the 3 I have completed!). I'm making them in colors that I think she will like. She's a big fan of MacKenzie-Childs so I'm trying to use colors in the way they do.

My 1st challenge was for Friday Sketchers. Claudia did an awesome sketch and I really enjoyed working with it.
I love this black & white dp...it's by tinkeringinc.com. The yellow embossed paper is called Sunshine Smoothie and is by Cloud9Design. They have some great new paper out. I picked up quite a bit of it this weekend. My bowl of lemons is a Karen Lockhart stamp-love them!! The just a note sentiment stamp is from the CC Designs Boutique Sentiments set that I purchased from All That Scraps. I used the ovaL/stripe stamp and punch from Stampin Up. All cardstock is from Stampin Up.


My 2nd challenge was for Sketch Saturday and was another great sketch.



I used the same Karen Lockhart stamp and all the same dp for this card.


My final card was done for a challenge being hosted by Kimmie on her blog. She has 5 challenges going on right now and this was for challenge 1-which I got in right under the wire, lol. I am a big admirer of her blog and her wonderful work. She provided a sketch and the requirement that you use embossing somewhere on your card. Luckily I had this embossed card stock. I still don't have a machine but after seeing everyone's work I am definitely in the market for one soon!

Again, I used the same card stock, dp and stamps.


Well that is it for today...alot of pictures to scroll through! I have one more card to make using these papers so I will have to be on the lookout for another great sketch.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great week.
Janice

3 comments:

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Lovely job, Janice!

Anonymous said...

nice cards! the color combo is very eye catching.

cats whiskers said...

What fabulous and diffeent style cards you made with just one stamp and choice of papers so clever
Hugs Jacqui x