Thought for the day -

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." Helen Keller

Friday, February 26, 2010

Good morning.  Yeah another week coming to an end. Yippee! So do you have any big plans for the weekend?  We have a very quiet weekend planned.  I currently have 3 books on my nightstand that I plan on digging into.  I finally got The Shack so I think that is what I will be reading this weekend.  I will let you know what I think.  I've heard mixed reviews on it but I never go by the reviews.  I will draw my own conclusion.

So I have made another sympathy card and I must give credit to the original designer as I totally cased this card.  It's in the recent special edition of Paper Crafts mag- Stamp it! Cards, page 86.  This card was designed by Ashley Newell and I just loved it!! I changed up the cardstock colors to play along with a challenge.  I also used a different stamp set but comparable.  I used my newest stamp set from Stampin Up called Vintage Vogue. This set is awesome.
Isn't this a great layout! I wish I had come up with it, haha. Ashley's card is just so pretty.
I am playing along with this weeks Tuesday Morning Sketches.  Mel changed things up this week and went with a color challenge.  The colors are Always Apricot, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla.














I love the flowers in this set- so pretty. I stamped them with Stampin Up Soft Suede ink and accented with the half pearls. The leaves are from Martha Stewart- it's a punch, stamp combo set and I love it!  I don't normally case cards I see in magazines but I just loved everything about this one.

Well I hope you have a great weekend and can fit in a little card making!
Take care,

3 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

Gorgeous Janice! The layout is beautiful - you did a fabulous job.

Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Stef H said...

ohjanice! this is gorgeous! i love the colors and your ribbons are fantastic!

have a wonderful wkend and enjoy those books!

hugs ♥

Laurie Marmon said...

Great take on the color combo at TMS. This layout for the card is very pretty. I can see why you'd case it. Great job!