Thought for the day -

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." Helen Keller

Monday, March 15, 2010

Well this weekend certainly flew by and I was barely at home.  I much prefer those quiet weekends when we are at home with nothing to do- with me in my craft room. LOL I must be getting old.

Yesterday we had boyscouts and it was Jordan's 1st Pinewood Derby.  He didn't place & wasn't happy about. I can't believe how competetive these kids are!  His father & I were just thrilled that the wheels didn't fall off- there were a few cars that had mishaps but Jordan's held up, much to the surprise of his father. lol  Here are some of the cars- Jordan's car is the red one with the firebird emblem. Check out the spiderman car- way too creative!!
Ok today I have a card for Sunshine & Giggles Sunshine Monday.  With all the green challenges out there this week I thought I would keep the St. Patty's day theme going.  Ok it's really not necessarily for St. Patty's day but does involve something Irish.

This is the image called Shannon & the Dance.  I just love this little image.
Supplies used:  Cardstock from Stampin Up, DP-Basic Grey Origins Pad, sewing, ribbon, flowers & leaves from the Wild Orchid Crafts, copics.
My card today is also covering several challenges:
Friday Sketchers- the wonderful sketch I've followed
Stamp Something:  Green & Cream
Our Creative Corner: color challenge, greeen, yellow, pink & brown (my image)

Be sure to see what Giggles DT has in store for your sunshiney Monday.  Their links can be found on my sidebar.  Hope you have a great Monday.
Janice.

12 comments:

Edna Morrisedie said...

Plenty of green here, nicely put together!

Sonia said...

omg Janice that card is so great!!!!

Stef H said...

what fabulous cars! and a perfect card for this week.

i apologize for not having a card today. i am having computer issues and i wasn't around all weekend. please forgive me???? lol

hugs :)

Anonymous said...

Love your take on the colors! Beautiful accents!! Thanks for joining with us at Stamp Something!! ;)

Victoria said...

gorgeous card - so much pretty detail and perfect image

Thanks so much for joining in at Cupcake Crafts this week
Hugs
Victoria
x

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful designed card - Janice!!! Love your take on the OCC colors and the iamge is colored so perfectly!!!

Thank you so much for playing along with us!!! Hugs ~S~

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

What a great card! I love the little stage scene you created for your Irish dancer! Great job on the color challenge. So happy you could have some fun with us at Our Creative Corner this week.

Donna said...

Super sweet little card...thanks for joining in the fun at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

LorettaL said...

An Irish dancer! I didn't know there was a stamp for that. I shouldn't be surprised, though. *LOL* Gorgeous colouring of your image.

Thanks for playing along with us on the OCC this week!

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Janice, what a fab card. Love the cute image and the papers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Christy said...

Lovely card and I love the big wide ribbon :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely image and card! Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday!
Hugs,
April