Thought for the day -

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." Helen Keller

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day to you all! I hope you are enjoying your weekend. 
I am so glad to be back in my craft room.  This past week has been so hectic.  My husband, Greg, had a hip replacement on Tuesday and was released on Friday.  He's getting around pretty well but had a very restless night last night- lot of pain.
Friday Jordan & I went to the zoo with his class field trip.  I will have to share the pictures when I get them developed.  I used my film camera instead of the digital. We had a lot of fun.  Kids in this age group (1st grade) are so funny.

Ok on to my card.  I am playing several challenges but I will start with the sketch.  This weeks sketch comes from Mojo Monday
The Sketch

 
I just love this stamp set.  I recently signed up for Creative Stamping kit of the month club after seeing them profiled on SCS.  Each kits comes with a stamp set and 2-3 projects.  Great for the beginner as well as the advanced stamper. This was this months stamp set- great for father's day.   I just realized after looking at the skecth and my card that we have a few variations-oops. Oh well I think you can still tell it's the same sketch.

Suuplies: Cardstock is Stampin Up, DP is Basic Grey(dotted paper) and Scrapworks (striped), Creative Stamping stamp set and ink, Making Memories brads.  I used my cricut for the ovals.

Challenges:
Mojo Monday:  the sketch
Cute Card Thursday:  Boyz to Men- any card for the men in your life
Dare U 2Digital- anything goes
Stampin for the Weekend- A card for a male

Ok that's it for me.  Ok the rest of your weekend!

2 comments:

Mummylade said...

fantastic image and nice colours. Thank you so much for entering it in the SFTW challenge this time and good luck.

Nancy said...

This is brilliant:O) Love the car images, fab design.
Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend, good luck!
Nancy;O)