Thought for the day -

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." Helen Keller

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Good morning.  Hope your weekend is going well.  I have finally got my mojo back and have been crafting like crazy!  My wedding invitation project is almost complete- way ahead of the dead line of September 1st!!!
Friday was the 1st day of school for Jordan and we got all his school supplies this weekend and his cub scout uniform so we are soooo organized!!

In honor of finding my mojo, lol, my card today is for several challenges, the first being MOJO Mondays.
They provided another great sketch:


















My other big inspiration came from this weeks Etsy Inspired challenge.  This weeks featured shop is Cathy Walters.  I took my inspiration from these 2 pieces of jewelry.














I must say I am very pleased with the outcome of my card.  These papers are some of my favorites but I don't get much chance to use them but they were perfect for this etsy challenge.
































All the dp is from the same pad- Paris Nights by GCD Studios.  My image is called Bee Tile and is a digital stamp from Sugar Creek Hollow.  I just love this image.

Challenges:
Mojo Monday: the sketch
Etsy Inspired:  paper & image
Cute Card Thursday:  whateva!
Simon Says Challenge:  Sing it Baby! Our Last Summer by Abba

Thanks for stopping by...come back a little later and I will have a 2nd post!!  I am working on my Wild Orchid Craft challenge- a new fave for me!

9 comments:

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Beautiful card!

SmilynStef said...

Absolutely stunning inspired card ... thanks for the link to those awesome digital images.

Virginia L. said...

I Adore how you use the images and turn them into this vintage beauty!! Simply stunning!! Thanks for playing with us at Etsy Inspired Challenge #100! GOOD luck :)

Christine said...

Amazing card. I love how you used the jewelry as inspiration. Your stamping is wonderful as is your coloring. Love everything about your card. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog!
xoxo, Christine

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

The eiffel tower looks really great!!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Julie said...

Beautiful. Such a wonderful interpretation of the Mojo Monday sketch.

Thank you for joining us at CCT!

Julie

Ashley Newell said...

This is fabulous! I love all the different patterns! Thanks so much for taking the time to play along with the EtsyInspired challenge this week! It means a lot to me!

Annie said...

a fabulous card! thanks for joining us at CCT.
hugs, annie x

Kerry said...

Very vintage chic! Beautiful card! Thanks for playing in the Etsy Inspired Challenge!