Thought for the day -

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." Helen Keller

Sunday, December 27, 2009



Good Sunday evening everyone.  This is a very late post but thought I would get it in tonight since it has been a while since I've posted.  I have been very busy over at Sunshine & Giggles.  We are preparing for our big blog hop on January 4th which will be introducing both a new line and a new illustrator and we are very excited.  We are also running a huge sale - all rubber stamps are currently 50% off and all digis are priced at $1.00.  Just click the sale link on my sidebar to go directly to the sale.

Tonights card is for the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge.  There challenges are one of my favorites!
Here is this weeks sketch.

And here is my card.

These photos just don't do this card justice.  This paper is gorgeous! I love the burgundy and green hues with the gold.  It's by dcwv and is from the Once Upon a Time collection and is called Enchanted Paisley.  I made my card for my parents 49th wedding anniversary which is on New Years Eve so the colors with the glitter are a good match. My sentimetnt is from Inkadinkadoo and my little love birds is by Mo Manning from Digital pencil.  You can find this image here.  My burgundy ribbon and card stock is from Stampin up.  My sentiment ink is Martha Stewart in Gold. I use little gold rhinestones for the embellishments.
Thank you for stopping by and be on the look out- I plan on being much active with my blog postings,haha!
See you soon

Janice

7 comments:

Phyllis said...

I bet that paper is just smashing in real life!! I love those colors and that image is just toooo cute!! The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing in our weekly challenge.

Phyllis MMDesign Team

scrapperjulia said...

This is fabulous! Love that image and the lovebirds and how you colored them!

2amscrapper said...

I can tell that paper is gorgeous. I love the stamped image!

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Janice - how adorable is this card - I L-O-V-E that image that you have coloured so beautifully!! I have that DP and know how lovely it is - it does look good here to Janice! Your parnts are going to love this card! Thanks for playing along with the Midnight Madness Sketch CHallenge - we love to see you and appreciate your support! We look forward to seeing you in the coming weeks {{{hugs}}}

Carol Hurlock said...

How sweet and glorious. I can see that this paper is exceptional with all that rich colors and shiny accents...I bet it is the bomb IRL. Thanks for playing along with us at Midnight Madness this week. We appreciate it.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Design Team

cabio's craft corner said...

Gorgeous DP and sweetest image. Such a great combo for the turn out of this card. Thanks for playing with us at MMSC and looking forward to see your creation for the upcoming ones :o)
Hugs,
Cabio
MMSC Guest Designer

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

What a cute image of an older couple. The colors and paper look rich, the sketch you did wonderfully on. Thank you for joining us at Midnight Madness.

Jane, MMSC DT