Thought for the day -

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." Helen Keller

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Good afternoon all! Well I have had a very productive weekend! Mind you there has been little housework done but it will still be here tomorrow (the dirt) lol.  Last evening I went to a scrapbook sale and what a sale it was! My friend Sonia has decided to downsize her entire line of everything!!  She hasn't scrapped in over a year and her new found "obsession" is sewing.  I picked up quite a few goodies-punches, ribbon, scads of paper and all for a song.  I thought it was rather sad.  When you see it all laid out on tables it's astounding to see how much stuff you acquire.  I know I am the same way-tons of things still in their original packaging. Like she said half the fun is the shopping!

My card today is for 2 challenges.  Tuesday Morning Sketches is celebrating their 1 year anniversary- already!  The challenge this week is to select any 1 of the 52 sketches from the last year.  I selected this one:












I am also playing along with this weeks etsy inspired challenge.  I love this challenge for 2 reasons- I love to find different inspirations and it's a great way to discover some really cool new stores.  This weeks store is called Octavia & Brown and their specialty is vintage glassware. I took my inspiration from these 2 different styled glasses.


















For my card I went with the color scheme in the 1st glasses and the shape in the 2nd glasses
My little froggy image is from the new line of stamps from the Princess & the Frog line at Sunshine & Giggles.  This image is called bachelor pad.  He was colored with prismacolor pencils and chalked with color box blue chalk. All the dp is from Stampin Up and I can't tell you who the dp is from- it some I got last night at Sonia's and no name to be found on it.
Ok I am back to work- I am almost finished with my card for the Midnight challenge for next week- I love that she gives sneak peaks of her sketches!





See ya later,

6 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Love your color combo and design! This card makes me smile...Thank you for playing with us at EI challenge!

Melissa Craig said...

Too cute Janice! I love it!! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Theresa said...

Great card! Love the colors.

Thanks for celebrating with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches. Theresa

de said...

Love your card! Cute image! Great color inspiration!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

SmilynStef said...

Great combination of papers ... and adorable little frog.

Ashley Newell said...

What a super fun card! The frog is just so cute! Thanks for playing along with the EtsyInspired challenge this week! It means a lot to me!