Thought for the day -

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." Helen Keller

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Good morning all!  Happy Canada Day to all my friends & family across the border!

Today I have a fun little card for the Just Magnolia Challenge.  This is only my 2nd time playing their challenge because I just have so few of them but after seeing the wedding line I think I will have to remedy that!  Bev provided a wonderful sketch and I decided to follow her lead and make an easel card.  I never do these and I don't know why- they are such a fun look and so easy to put together.  This is my take on the french country look.


























 I found this paper in my stash.  I bought it several years ago and bought several sheets.  I just love Daisy D's papers and wish they were still around.















The dp on the large panels is Daisy D's and the striped panel is Graphic 45.  Edwin was colored with my prisma color pencils, cut on and centered in my circle.  I sponged the circle with color box inks.  My beautiful gardenias and leaves are from Wild Orchid Crafts, of course and the ribbon (love this ribbon!!!) is from the local scrapbook store.  The scallop punch is Fiskars.
I've used twine in my buttons and attached a little chick from Fred, She Said.  The sentiment is from Stampin Up.  The colors here just aren't as vivid as in person.  Hopefully the problem with lighting will soon be resolved.  I have finally purchased a light box and it should be here next week. Yippee!!  I "won" it last night on Ebay.

Thanks for taking a peek and see you back here tomorrow.

No comments: