Thought for the day -

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." Helen Keller

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Good Afternoon everyone! Hope you are enjoying your Tuesday. I decided to take a vacation day today. For the last month we have had to put in overtime at work and I am pooped! So I took a little vacation today in my scrap room!

Todays card is for today's Tuesday Morning Sketches challenge. Yes I am really posting a challenge on the actual day!!! LOL. This was a quick, little card. I went very simplistic for this one- no dp but used a cuttlebug folder to emboss instead.


This is Thelma and she is from dzdoodles.com. Isn't she cute! She's all ready to start her day with her cup of joe. I just love her smiley face coffee cup. The photo is not the best-very dark and dreery today. If you click on the image to enlarge you can see all her detail-right down to her pink foam hair curlers! You will also see the poor job she did of putting on her lipstick this morning...hehe. (I had a little problem with bleeding)

I just discovered dz doodles today and they have some really cute images.

All cardstock is stampin up. My image was colored with copics and the sentiment is computer generated. Added a little ribbon and a couple of buttons for a few little embellies and there you have it.

Well I'm off to pick up Jordan at school. He will be thrilled to be going home early!

See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

OK when I saw your name in Mr. Linky I thought "did she play hookey today or what!" Good for you!! And your card is wonderful! That sentiment made me laugh out loud. Love it!!

Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches... on Tuesday.

Darsana said...

OH how cute is she! I love that sentiment, except I would have to substitute Dr. Pepper for the coffee, but the idea is the same. Thank you for sharing.