Thought for the day -

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." Helen Keller

Thursday, Sept. 10, 2009

Good morning all! I cannot believe how fast this month is zipping by! Next week is the last week of the 1st marking period for Jordan- already! I still can't get used to the year round school idea. Jordan lost another tooth today- 2nd one this week! I told him I wasn't sure if the tooth fairy was still in the area for this tooth, hehe. He is sure she will be by tonight and has already stuck his tooth under his pillow.

I have a special little card to share with you today. It's a little sneak peak of one of the stamps from the new line at Sunshine and Giggles. This little cutie comes with her own personal sentiment too. This is the card I made for Paige. For those of you who don't know, Paige is a 13yr old girl from NH who lost her arm in a boating accident. Erin from Scrap, Stamp and Be Merry has issued a card challenge and would like to see Paige get 100 cards. She also has blog candy up for grabs if you send a card. You can find all the details on her blog.
My card also is for this weeks challenge at Mojo Mondays. They always provide the best sketches!












Isn't she adorable! I think she is so appropriate for the situation. We all need a little guardian angel to get us through the hard times.
I used 2 lines from the Alabama song Angels Among Us for the inside of the card. I LOVE that song.
Oh I think there are angels among us.
Sent down to us from somewhere up above.














Image is colored with my copics and I used stickles on her halo and wings. The card stock is all Stampin Up. Sorry, I can't tell you who the dp is by- in my stash for some time. My heart and corner embellies on inside of card are chipboard buttons I received from Mel at Tuesday Morning Sketches and I just love them! They went perfectly with this dp. Thanks, Mel!!

Be sure to go check out the new line at Sunshine and Giggles. We're donating $2.00 for every stamp sold between now and October 31st to Paige's medical fund. Also, for a short time, you can purchase the whole line- 10 stamps in all - for 1/2 the price of buying them individually!

See you back here tomorrow!

2 comments:

Dr. Denise Tucker said...

Found your blog on the 2009 One World One Heart Giveaway list. I'm "Bon Blogging", a self-guided search through the OWOH list of 911 blogs in 90 days--inspired by watching the Julia/Julie movie. Come visit my blog
www.thehousemysteries.typepad.com.
I write mysteries and make jewelry.
My mystery features a Madame President and is available on Amazon.

karen said...

such a super card, i agree we all need a gaurdian angel and she fits the bill so well, hope the tooth fairy did visit jordan lol x karen x