Thought for the day -

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." Helen Keller

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Good morning! Well it's back to work today:( Play time is over. From looking at this house I should have spent yesterday cleaning instead of playing! LOL. It was nice to have the day and house to myself, though.

Today's card was for two challenges. First the sketch challenge at Midnight Madness and the 2nd was a challenge at Cupcake Craft, distressing. This is my first time participating in the Midnight Madness challenge. I don't know why, but I usually find them imtimidating! I was able to pull it off this week, and quite nicely I think...can I say that, hehe. I love how this card turned out. I always love the distressed look. Lots of layers on this one and I love the digital stamp I found at KLM Digital Designs.



Supplies used: Stampin Up Cardstock, DP is Daisy D's, Creative Imaginations and Reminisce-all in my stash since last year. Stamps-klm digital designs, boo-Stampin Up. I colored the image with my copics and sponged using SU pumkin, Memento tuxedo black, and Tim Holtz vintage photo. My black cat is also from my stash from last year and is a stick on -no idea who it's by.

I just love making halloween cards-so much fun and this is my first one of the season. I think I might use for a birthday card....I have a friend who's birthday is on halloween.

Hope you all have a great day!

11 comments:

Phyllis said...

WELCOME to the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. We are so happy you found us and entered a card and a lovely Halloween card it is. Cute images. The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing this week and we will be looking for you next week too!!

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! Now I just LOVE Halloween and I think your creation is just adorable!! What a fun take on the sketch!! HUGS

Priscilla said...

Well, first let me just say a BIG WARM MIDNIGHT MADNESS WELCOME to our challenges :) We are just thrilled you want to play with us. We all love the craft of card making and it is always so exciting to meet other that do too :) Your card is just wonderful. Love the theme as it is one of my favs to make and your shading work is great. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge this week. If you find the time, please stop back by and check out the Mid Week Midnight Madness “Wood Paper” Tutorial :) and then the “BIG” give away announcement next Monday.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

A big welcome to Midnight Madness Challenge! We're glad you found us and are having fun. That's what's most important :) I love your theme - one of my favs is Halloween, all the treats. And I think your distressing colors came out so pretty! Thanks for taking some time to play with us this week, xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

Carol Hurlock said...

Welcome to the Midnight Madness. How comical is this sentiment. I know I am still chuckling. How cute your card is. So many wonderful elements makes this amazing. Thanks for participating in the MMSC challenge this week. Be sure to keep checking Priscilla's blog for all the fun activities this month.

Carol
MMSC-Guest Designer

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Janice, what a fun card. Love the image and the distressed edges look fantastic. Great embellishments. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

A huge WELCOME to the Midnight Madness sketch challenge. What a fabulous card you have here. Great details, distressing and sentiment!! Wonderful embellishments too.Thanks so much for playing with us this week. Hope to see you back next week!
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT

PS: If you leave a comment on my blog you will get an extra entry into the MM blog candy drawing!!

Liza said...

Fabulous halloween card, I love your distressing. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Oh, I think this is SO cute! Perfect sentiment too! LOL! Thank you for playing along with us at Midnight Madness. :)
Michelle MMDT

Denise @ kc242 said...

This is such a lovely Halloween card. The sentiment is also perfect! Thanks so much for sharing your artwork with us this week at MMSC!

Unknown said...

HAPPY CARD MAKING DAY!! I hope that you are having a great one and feeling creative. We have blog candy at my blog too! Come on in and take a look!

Have a great day!
Jessica Lynn