Thought for the day -

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." Helen Keller

Thurday, October 8, 2009

Good Morning everyone! Can you believe it is Thursday already!! I know you aren't supposed to wish your life away but I do live for Fridays...more playtime!!

My card for today is for 2 challenges. The first challenge is for this weeks Color Throwdown and this is the swatch they provided:






I did manage to use all but the yellow in cardstock....but you do see a little yellow in my laudry...in the image. hehe

The 2nd challenge is for this weeks Midnight Madness sketch challenge. I am really becoming addicted to their challenges...the sketches are always great and their blog is incredible. There is a pretty awesome tutorial this week so you should go check them out. Here is sketch 22-



















All of my dp is from the Domestic Goddess line by Graphics 45. I just love their paper and I love these vintage ads- thought it was a perfect fit for my image of MuMu hanging her laundry. I used buttons and safety pins, brad and fabric remember snap for my embellies. I don't know if you can read the sentiment on the snap (poor picture tonight as the lighting was very poor) but it reads remember...perfect for the vintage ads.
Supplies Used: Cardstock-Stampin Up, DP-Graphics 45, Stamp- Mo's Digital Pencil, saftety pins, buttons, remember snap from Melissa Francis, brad, and image was colored using my copics.
Well enjoy your day!

6 comments:

Carol Hurlock said...

I just adore the nostalgic glow of this enchanting card. Your embellishments are so creative and imaginative. The design paper is very unique and very appealing with you main focal point. A brilliant and superb presentation!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at MMSC. Be sure to mark your calendar for our blog hop on Oct 16 for fun and prizes!

Carol
MMSC-Guest Designer

Lovely Linda said...

Fabulous card - I love the nostalgic feel about it - and that image - perfect! I love Mo's Digital Pencils - their images are unique!! Great Dp and embellishments!! Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge this week, we hope to see you back next week! Don't forget to come back for the Blog Hop on October 16 for lots of fun and 25 amazing prizes
Linda MMSC Guest Designer

Barbara said...

So cute! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

Priscilla said...

LOVE the vintage images..the card right before yours on Mr. Linky put safty pins on her card..it was so cute..I am going to have to get some of this paper and then use that idea too...Awesome!! I just love visiting your blog..you have some great stuff here :) What a great card and wonderful take on the sketch. Thank you for adding the Blog Hop logo to your side bar and today is the last day to enter the Huge Workbox giveaway if you have not done that yet :) Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch challenge this week.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Peet said...

two gorgeous cards, janice!!!

Sonya said...

Great card! Very creative use of dp and what a cute image :)
Glad you could join us this week!

Keep Smiling! ~ Sonya
Midnight Madness Design Team
http://thepinkpaperpenguin.blogspot.com/