Thought for the day -

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." Helen Keller

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Good Morning Everyone.....hope your week is going well. I managed to complete a card last night....after I watched a movie with Jordan. He is on fall break this week so we had to do a movie night. I finally got Dan Brown's new book but haven't had a chance to open it yet...maybe tonight.

Todays card is covering 2 challenges. The first is for Stamp Something which said your card "has to do with things from the Fall/Autumn Season. We'd like to see you create something inspired by apples or teachers or school." Well I got the fall colored papers and I included apples.

The 2nd challenge is for this weeks sketch challenge at Whiff of Joy. Rach provided this weeks sketch and it is a great one...

I love cards with lotsa layers and my card sure does have em! The prize offering this week is pretty special too- Katharina is offering the new winter club stamp kit -it has not even been released yet!! Simons Says Stamps is also offering a gift certificate!

If this years winter set is anything like last years it will be pretty spectacular!! They're definitely some of my favorite stamps.

I used my WOF apple tree stamp-perfect for a fall theme, don't ya think.

Supplies Used:

My background dp and checkerboard dp are both from Graphic 45- I just love their papers!! The striped paper is actually Christmas paper I picked up last year. I used ruby red and kraft cardstock from SU. The sentiment stamp is also from SU- it reads "good works are links that form a chain of love-Mother Theresa. I thought is was the perfect sentiment for a thank you card. My flower was cut with my cricut & the flower center is a fabric yo-yo with a SU build a brad. I love the build a brad concept!!











Thanks for looking and I hope you have a great day & manage to fit in some crafting.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! What a really gorgeous layout!! Love the image and your coloring!! thanks for playing along with us at Stamp Something!! HUGS

Erin... said...

So lovely!! I have that image as well and never thought to use it as fall apples!! I'll have to give that a try! Thanks for joining us at Stamp SOmething this week!

Jane said...

Gorgeous card! Stunning colours and gorgeous colouring! thanks for joining us at WOJ! hugs, Jane x

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Love the layout and the fall feel! This is gorgeous! Great apple tree! Thanks for playing at Stamp Something!

Janna :)

Shelly said...

Ohh what a lovely card! The image is great and I love the papers and ribbon you've used! Great layout too! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week.
hugs Shelly x

Bev said...

Stunning card, such a wonderful use of the accessory stamp. x

Rach said...

This is so pretty, thank you for joining us at woj.xx

Juls said...

stunning!! I love how you have created your handmade flower!! fab!