Thought for the day -

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." Helen Keller

Sunday, January 10. 2010

Good afternoon! It is a beautiful bright sunny day here. Ok it's still frigid but I'll take the sun.  Today is just perfect for staying in my room and playing. There's football on so no interuptions from you know who and Jordan is entertaining himself in his room- I just heard him say "no aliens will escape alive!" Star Wars or maybe Transformers- not sure who he is today, haha.

Todays card took me on a little trip down memory lane.  Did you have a favorite book as a child? I had 2,  Miss Suzy and Miss Suzy's Birthday.  Miss Suzy was a squirrel who lived in the cutest tree house. For her birthday she threw herself a party and invited all the animals of the forest.  Well last night while hopping I found the cutest image that made me think of Miss Suzy. I HAD to purchase it right away and I already knew what paper I would use.  Don't you love when that happens!




Does anyone remember this book?  I just loved it!





Paper, image and then off on a search for the perfect sketch.  I decided on this weeks MOJO Monday sketch-love this weeks sketch because I could utilize all my dp.




































I  think this image & card have become my new favorites, lol.  Isn't my Miss Suzy the cutest!? Ok she's not actually a squirrel but a mouse but she is still too cute.



This little image can be found at Phindy's Place.  She has some really great digital images.

Supplies used: Bazzil cardstock, dp is called Little Sprout Collection and I think it is by Blue Moon, orange gemstones, computer generated sentiment and my image is colored with copics.
I also used my scallop circles nestabilities and my Martha Stewart lace punch.

I am also entering my card in this weeks Cute Card Thursday. There theme is anything new- so that covers my cute new image!
This was also my younger sister's favorite book as a child.  When her children were young she tried finding this book but it was no longer in  print.  Well I did a search today- don't you love your computer- and I found it!!  Because of so many requests for this book they put it back in production in 2004. I've purchased 2!!  One for my sister for her birthday (in September-whohoo I'll be on time this year) and one for Jordan (ok it's really for me but you can use your children for excuses, hehe)
Thanks for joining me today on my little trip down memory lane- hope I haven't bored you to tears!

1 comment:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just darling. Thanks for playing! :)