Thought for the day -

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." Helen Keller

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Good Sunday afternoon....this is going to be a real quick post. I am running behind yet again and want to get this in for the Tuesday Morning Sketches challenge. This weeks challenge was to use buttons and ribbon.
For my card I started out using a sketch from paper take weekly and then realized I had really veered off course, haha.  So I will try something else for their challenge.

This is my 1st attempt at an easel card and I must say I am really pleased with the outcome. For my card front I used an image from Mo's Digital Pencil. I just love Fairy Tabia. She is colored using my copics. For my ribbon I have used 2 different shades of pink ribbon. Pink is not a color I normally work with so I was very pleased when I found some in my stash.  I have accented the cards with these great little button brads. I picked these up eons ago and this is the first time I've used them.































For my card base I have used an image designed by Joni from Inktegrity Stamps.  This stamp can actually be purchased on Melissa Craig's blog.  All proceeds from the sale of this image are going to a charity named in honor of a little girl who lost her battle with cancer.  You can find all the details on Melissa's blog.


Thanks for stopping by and for those of you that are fortunate to be off tomorrow enjoy your long weekend!

1 comment:

Melissa Craig said...

This is awesome - A Princess' Story works so well with the Mo's image. Absolutely fantastic card!

Thank you joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.