Thought for the day -

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." Helen Keller

The Sweetest Blog Award
Good Sunday afternoon to you all.  I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.  Today is gorgeous here-visually speaking.  Is it a nice bright sunny day and the sun is glistening on the ice on the trees and the ice on our snow covered yard.  We got 7 inches of snow between Friday morning and Saturday evening with a mixture of sleet.  It really is very pretty but I haven't ventured out since I arrived home from work on Friday morning! Tennessee is just not accustomed to this kind of weather!

Yesterday morning I awoke with the worse sinus headache, nose swollen, sore throat and just generally feeling lousy. For breakfast I had 2 sinus and headache benadryls with a chaser of theraflu and spent the better part of the day in bed! I hate wasting my weekends that way but fortunately I awoke this morning feeling much better and am spending  my day crafting!

First up today I would like to share this blog award I received from one of my new found blogger friends-Tracy.  I am so fortunate to have Tracy as one of my new design team members for Sunshine & Giggles. Here blog can be found here and it is gorgeous!!
I am to choose 10 things that make me happy and then select 5 bloggers to share this award with.

                           1.  My faith in God and knowing that he will never give me more than I can handle.
                           2.  My husband
                           3.  Jordan- my true gift from God who came to me at age 40.
                           4.  Our good health- we've had our trials but there are those that are much worse off.
                           5.  My parents! At age 47 I know I am very fortunate to still have both my parents.
                           6.  My love for crafting and sharing this with all my blogger friends
                           7.  Blog-hopping and seeing all the creativity out there and learning new techniques
                           8.  Curling up with a really good book
                           9.  talking on the phone (this wouldn't be on my husbands list)
                         10.  laughter- the sound of laughter is truly contagious!

                                           My 5 bloggers to share this with

             1.  Melissa- she was on SAG's 1st design team and was an immense help to me.  She was there with wonderful ideas & inspiration and always a kind word.  I value her as 1 of my 1st blogger friends!
             2.  Stef- a current member of my design team but someone I followed prior to her joining the team. I love her sense of humor as well as her talent.  When I need a laugh I know I can find one on Stef's blog.
             3.  Suzanne Dean- I don't know Suzanne personally but a day doesn't go by without visiting her blog.  She is my biggest enabler!!  She has introduced me to countless techniques and stores!
             4.  Susana- I "met" Susana from Suzanne's blog and love visiting her store & blog. She is one of the nicest people I've met in the blogging world and I just love her store. It has been awhile since I visited-but look out- the tax return will be arriving soon!
            5.  Kat- I love Kat's blog and it has nothing to do with crafting! I love the name- Sunshine & Lemonade! It's about everyday life and the funny spin it can take! Kat has a wonderful sense of humor- as you can tell-that's one thing I really value in a person!  I love reading her entries and also enjoy reading what's on her nightstand. I am always in search of a goood book and go to Kat's site frequently. I am a quiet stalker of her blog.

Thanks to all you ladies that have become a part of my life- wether you know it or not!  You all provide inspiration to me!

4 comments:

Keys to the Magic Travel said...

I am honored. Really and truly. Especially since I don't have a crafty bone in my body. Creaky maybe. But not crafty :-) I am glad that you stopped being so quiet...I always want to know about my stalkers.

Many thanks!!

Stef H said...

oh janice! first i sure hope you're feeling better. those headaches can be sooooooooo bothersome. but you still have your wonderful sense of humor.

thank you so, so much for this wonderful award and for your kind compliment. it is my pleasure to be on your DT.

hugs :)

Melissa Craig said...

Awww Janice, this is very sweet of you to think of me. I am still here for you with ideas, if you want them and plenty of kind words.

Hugs,
Mel

Suzanne J Dean said...

You're so sweet Janice--thank you so much for the wonderful award! Sorry I'm such an enabler, but I can't help myself, LOL!

hugz,
Suzanne