Thought for the day -

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." Helen Keller

January 2, 2009

Happy New Year everyone! I thought the above quote would provide some great inspiration as we start a new year. I've made my resolutions...now let's hope I can deliver!

It's been forever since I've done any crafting or posting but I am ready to start again. My parents flew out this morning after a 2 week visit and now I am ready to get back to my scraproom! My first posting is a card I made for Katharina's sketch challenge on Whiff of Joy.
She noted the following on her blog: The Whiff of Joy release party for the new Party Animal collection will be held on Friday, Jan. 2nd, 11pm GMT+1 (5pm EST) at the WoJ group on Papercraft Planet.Hope to see you there!!

She will be giving away one of the new stamps with this challenge...so here is my entry.



This is a Rubber Romance stamp "Vivian" from Susana's Custom Art & Card Design . Don't you just love her! I made this as a birthday card and the inside sentiment reads: "It's not shopping, it's retail therapy! Wish shoe a happy day. I love red & black and found this dp in my stash...it's from Flair Designs. I love their papers!

My second posting is not actually my creation but my sister Lorna's work. She is a doll maker and made this doll for our sister-in-law's birthday tomorrow. She's an avid collector of anything Mackenzie-childs. I was blog-hopping the other day and saw a challenge for a card duplicating the mackenzie-childs look so thought I would post these pictures of the doll. Isn't she adorable!! Everything is hand made and the face is hand-painted. Lee will be thrilled with her.









3 comments:

Katharina Frei said...

A truly lovely card Janice.
Thanks for being there on friday :)
Katharina

Sonia said...

love this card!

Anonymous said...

OMG! Janice I am going to have to get in contact with Lorna! I need to order one of these dolls! She is so cute!!!!

Lorna if you read my post this is Tiffany your Number 1 Doll collector!