Thought for the day -

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." Helen Keller

Monday January 5, 2009



AHH...a monday and I am OFF! No work until Thursday and it feels good!
I've just finished my first Valentine project and it's only January. No more late nights finishing projects at the last minute....1 of my many new year's resolutions. LOL
This is a little care package I will be sending to my niece, who's in her 1st year at college. She's not much into girly-girl stuff but I'm sure she'll appreciate the contents. What girl doesn't love chocolate! The picture quality isn't great- poor lighting-very dark, cloudy day today. Or it may be the photographer, lol, my pictures lately have been pretty poor!


The wooden crate was a steal-purchased the day after Christmas for $2.70! I only got 2 & now wish I had picked up a few more. I'm thinking teachers gifts for next Christmas! I painted the crate with rose acryllic paint and covered in DP by Flair Design. The puffy, fluffy stick on lips and hearts are by SandyLion and the felt fusion is by Queen & Co.


I just love the little tin mail box. I picked that up yesterday in Target's dollar bin. Gotta love those dollar bins. The dp on the mail box is by Karen Foster and the sentiment was computer generated.

My other little tin is covered with a dp by L'il Davis Designs and the stamp is my all time favorite- Willow from Whiff of Joy. She will be holding individual packets of Wyler Diet Lemonade! I had planned on hot chocolate mix and then found out Stevie doesn't touch the stuff. That will be the only non-chocolate content! I have a few more items and card to include but am waiting on a stamp order- so more to follow!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The wooden crate looks great. I love the idea of Valentine care package for the college student; nice Willow stamp on canister.

Doone

Sonia said...

cuuuute valentine stuff :)

Murielle said...

This is very lovely creation!
Hugs, Mumur