Thought for the day -

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." Helen Keller

Sunday January 4, 2009

Hi! Can you believe it's Sunday already! I am off until Thursday but I still haven't accomplished as much as I would have liked this weekend. At least the Christmas decorations are down and the house is back to normal. I was able to get quite a bit of blog-hopping in this weekend since I was off on Friday. Whiff of Joy had their release party for their new line on Friday and I actually won 2. I can't wait to get them. They are one of my favorite stamps!

I'm just doing a quick post- thought I would try the sketch saturday challenge this week. It's a fun sketch! Here is my take on it. The pictures don't really do it justice- could not find good lighting anywhere in the house.








Tried to keep it one color scheme- brown except for the prima flower. The jumbo brads are antique copper-making memories and the stamp is an old one that I had actually never used. It came in a kit from ClubScrap from 2004. I have several other projects on the go so I hopefully I will be able to post some of them tomorrow.

Janice

3 comments:

Jo said...

Lovely! I bet you will use that stamp more often now eh?
Thank you for joining us this week!
Jo xx

Sandra said...

Well done using an older stamp for the first time. Has inspired me to use some of mine (have got loads) What is it about stamps that I 'have to have them' once I do have them I don't use them... weird. Thanks for taking up the Sketch Saturday Challenge.
Hugs
Sandra xx

Anonymous said...

I am freaking out! This is beautiful I would like for you to make me some..are you taking orders I am forwarding all of your work to my friends!