Thought for the day -

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." Helen Keller

Monday, January 12, 2009

Well another work week upon us- ugh! But at least a long weekend is coming up, yipee. I got very little done this weekend in the line of stampin but did manage to get my scraproom cleaned. I decided to organize all my papers, both card stock and patterned. Man, what a chore. Who knew there were so many colors of cardstock, lol. I sorted them all by color to help alleviate hunting & searching. I would love to hear how others organize their rooms. I seem to spend more time looking for thngs then actually working on the project.

I found a system while shopping online yesterday that I think would alleviate alot of headaches! Think I might just have to start saving...I am posting a picture..
Isn't this amazing! Anyone out there own one of these?? I would love to hear how you like it. These armoires are from the original scrapbox if you would like to get a closer look. I would love to be able to hide everything behind doors when I am done...some days you can't walk across my scraproom floor!

Oh well back to cardmaking. Amidst all my cleaning I did manage to complete 1 card. This is from Friday Sketchers- Challenge 34. This was a really fun sketch! I decided to make a valentine card for hubby using this sketch. I was quite pleased with how it was going until Igot to the image. I love this little Sarah Kay stamp entitled First Kiss but I have to find a better grade of card stock. I have noticed lately that when using my copics I get alot of bleeding. Anyone have any advice? Is it the cardstock or the one coloring? I am still very new at using copics so any advice would be much appreciated.



Supplies used- deep red, pink card stock was from an old Club Scrap Kit- this cardstock is from
2004!! See what you find when you organize, LOL. The pink cardstock was covered in stamped postmarks- hence my sentiment sealed with a kiss.
The dp is from My Minds Eye-Quite Smitten, the fluffy, puffy lips and heart are stickers from Sandy Lion, and I used paper covered twist ties for the link. One twist tie says love and the other one says friendship. I used a Martha Stewart scalloped punch.

Oh- and before I forget Bev as some great blog candy to giveaway. Be sure to check her blog- her candy will be up until the 17th and it is some great candy!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Janice

4 comments:

Rach said...

fabulous card such a sweet image.
Maybe if you tried using a smooth card stock it may help with the bleeding..i use canson Manga art board i find this works brilliantly with the copics.. i have heard some people use copier paper..
hugs rachxx

Anonymous said...

I love the card! Very cute! :-)

Anonymous said...

How can I order one of these from you?

Anonymous said...

Amazing Card
I would love to order one of these from you