Thought for the day -

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." Helen Keller

Friday, June 5, 2009

This is a real quick post...it's almost bedtime but I wanted to try todays Friday Sketchers challenge. This was a fun sketch. The only thing I deviated from was the sentiment.


















While going through my stash of ribbon and coming up with nothing that would go I found this elastic ribbon and immediately thought of fish line.








It was perfect for "hooking" my little fish. I used my crop-a-dile to punch a hole in the fish brad. It goes perfectly with my ocean paper and beach image. My little guy is all ready for a day at the beach! Isn't he cute. He is another of the new images from Sunshine and Giggles. I used my copics to color him...had a little problem with bleeding but not too bad. I am out of quality cardstock and it really does make a difference when you are using copics. The dp is by cosmo cricket and I got it just for this stamp. All cardstock is by Stampin Up.

Well off to bed...I don't know what I was thinking but volunteered to work tomorrow. It's almost quarter end so the office is frantic to get the work done...ugh. Apparently I was thinking dollar signs and now I wish I had been thinking more about sleep!

Back tomorrow with more....

9 comments:

Carol said...

Great summery scene and good idea of creating a hole in the fish - tfs

Have a great a great weekend

Sonia said...

super cute card!!! I love the little guy. Can't wait to see more!

Lisa Fairfax said...

I know where you can get some quality cardstock...... : )
Lisa

Melissa Craig said...

Awesome awesome awesome!! This is such a great card - that little guy is so darn cute!! I'm sorry that you're working tomorrow, I'll be playing with my stamps while doing the laundry after we get back from the dance studio. Tomorrow is picture day.

Beth said...

This is so cute! I love this image and the little fishing line!
Beth xx

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

The fish line is fab! Beautiful combination of dp, embellishments and stamped image.

Nicole said...

I just love this little guy! ;)

Anonymous said...

a brilliant summery card. hugs rachxx

aardvarkpest said...

Great summery card. Great little fish and line.

Glenda