Thought for the day -

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." Helen Keller

Sunday June 14, 2009

Hi Everyone...hope you are having a good weekend. I can't believe how fast it has gone by:( I had to work yesterday so that made it go by all the faster. Last Saturday for me until the end of the next quarter...yeah.
My card today was going to cover 3 challenges but I'm afraid I missed the deadline for one-The Next Level. If you haven't visited their site you need to!! It's much more than just a challenge..it's a little news letter complete with a weekly tutorial. The tutorial for this week was to frame your image in ribbon. This was my first time trying this look and it was fun, easy and quick. What an amazing look it gives your card.

I did use a sketch challenge for this card- it comes from this weeks sketch at Sketch Saturday.


This was a great sketch to work with and also worked well for the next challenge I am covering. Rather than a sentiment I have used a quote, which is what the challenge was this week for Cute Card Thursday.











I thought this was a great quote to go along with my image. Isn't she pretty. I love the detail in her flowers.
















My image is from Sunshine & Giggles. I colored her using copics. All cardstock is from Stampin Up, as is the quote stamp. The dp is called Blue Damask/ Blue Awning from K & Co. and the flower is prima with a build-a-brad in the center from Stampin Up. I used my shapabilities for the bottom corners. There you have it -3 challenges in one!

See you next time,

No comments: