Thought for the day -

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." Helen Keller

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Hi Everyone....well I finally finished my card for The Next Level Challenge- however, I am late! It seems I only have been able to get into my scraproom on Sundays lately. I am going to post my card anyway because it was so fun to make. The challenge this week was to make a stair-step card- this took me forever!

This card has a couple of firsts for me...it's my 1st stair-step card, the first time I have ever done paper piecing and the first time I've used my Magnolia General Store stamp! I love this stamp but it took forever to color!



















I am quite pleased with the outcome being a first time and all, lol. Edwin's little plaid shirt is paper pieced- a first for me! Well that is it for me now. I am off to try some more last minute challenges!

Janice

4 comments:

Zoe Tant said...

late or not Janice I think this is really super. Such a great story in that card! Zoë

Melissa Craig said...

Awww Janice, it's adorable. It deserves to be seen, even if it's a little late.

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cuteness, lady!!!!

jennruggeri75 said...

this is too adorable! super super super!!