Thought for the day -

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." Helen Keller

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hello everyone...There are alot of great sketches I've wanted to try this week. How does one manage to play all the great challenges out there? I have managed to cover 2 with today's card. The 1st is a sketch challenge and the 2nd challenge requirement was to use butterflies on your card. Well I managed to fit 1 butterfly into my theme!
The sketch challenge is from this weeks Sketch and Stash challenge and it was a great sketch! This is the first time I've played along with them and will definitely have to add them to my list. The 2nd challenge I'm covering with my butterfly is for A Spoon Full of Sugar.













My little image today is from the new line of stamps from Sunshine & Giggles. This little guy actually reminds me of my 6 year old! He wants to do this every summer!! I think every child could include this little business venture on their resumes, lol.















Yep...it's a lemonade stand! Isn't he cute!!






Supplies: All cardstock is from Stampin Up, DP is from Wild Asparagus, Cuttlebug bloom, dots folders, the yellow flowers are real pressed flowers!! They are extremely delicate- I don't know if they would survive being put in an envelope let alone being mailed but I thought they were so bright and sunny looking! My little butterfly is chipboard and is from K&Co. My image was colored using copics and I distressed my embossing with Tim Holtz Vintage photo. After I the card was all assembled I was looking at it and was a bit disappointed with my little dotted side tabs- I thought they looked like band-aids, lol. Oh well, who uses more band-aids then little boys!

Well there you have it....2 challenges covered! Hopefully I will be back with 2 more tomorrow. I am working on a card now but tomorrow am working overtime...ugh.

Have a great evening.

5 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

FABULOUS sketch! I am going to try to play with this one tonight. This week has been crazy with VBS,next week isn't any better with rehearsals! But your card is great!

Thanks for posting the MSB bingo button.

Anonymous said...

fabulous card, love what you did with the sketch. hugs rachx

Nicole said...

so sweet!

Jill said...

gorgeous card I love the image and your pressed flowers are gorgeous, thanks for joining in the fun at Sketch n stash hugs Jill xx

Becky said...

Such a cute card Janice, I wish we had lemonade stalls here in the UK, looks yummy!!
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx